Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Making my space more me...

I probably said this before...but bear with me. 
My studio is a huge building right next to my house.
To save on a huge heating bill...I decided to have an office in my house during the real cold months....since I am working on adobe illustrator most of the time anyway. When I want I can heat the building...and craft up a storm...haha.  So far our weather has been pretty darned nice.
I guess I am a thrifty Scotswoman.
I made my new office as cute as can be ....and the sun shines brightly in it most days!
I started organizing it...looking better all the time!
I got some wonderful wall pockets from Deflecto....My hubby put them up in a flash.
My house was built in 1921....plaster walls....so there is alot of wallpaper!
I kept this yellow wallpaper....so retro and cheery.
I added more stuff to my bulletin board.

Here is another wall pocket...right next to the door.

I put my DMC thread chart in there and my tablet and also the latest mag I am in (my project is n the cover)

My daughter gave me a cute butterfly print for Christmas along with some other goodies.

This file holder is handy for my idea files and also pattern info.
Nothing gets bent or scratched...love it.
Here is my one of my lamps...made from a goodwill lamp (olive green and mustard yellow base when I saw it).  I painted the base white....took off the awful fabric on the shade.
Took strips of a flowery vintage sheet and tied it to the shade....instant shabby chic lamp.
I have my old computer handy and printer.
It truly feels like my space...inspiring.
I have my artwork above my computer...it is nice to see all together like this.

This organizer has an inside divider so pencils/scissors can fit it without sliding around.

These fit great on a small wall space area that was even used before.
It is nice to have things easy to reach for.

Very handy.  They are strong too.
Selina (my daughter) and I went to Goodwill....there were these artist pens just brought out by a gal.....these are premium double ended ....one side a marker brush and the other a smaller tip...Tombow. A ton in a big blue basket. 5.99......SCORE! All new
Pretty all grouped together!
Normally these pens cost 3.19 a piece.
I felt so lucky to get these.
We are going to play around with them on her break!

-----------------
Life is art
Paint your dreams!


Come to the pin me linky party!  Go to the link party palooza!

No comments:

Post a Comment