Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sassie Lassie...fun projects

I have some fun projects to show you...perfect for the beginning of March!
I love the chance to use the color Green...it is vibrant, so springy and always reminds me of grass growing and leaves coming on trees.
I made up some St. Patrick Day decor!
This is a 3 sided frame from Deflecto....
See the side shot?
Each panel side fits a 4" x 6" photo or piece of artwork. 
I had a blast using scrapbook paper and some circle artwork I made that was originally for badges. I just glued the circles onto the pretty paper and slid it in.   I Tied up the frame with seam binding and filled in the center with flowers and shamrocks.
This is a collage of the pictures of all 3 sides. 
Here is the "O'dorable" side...
It was so easy and fast...it was decorated before I knew it. 
Irish...for a day!
This lady probably had a tough life...aww ...what women before us had to do so that we could have a better life.
 Here I took a green frame....I put an old picture from the antique store (the hair cracks me up) in it and added a chenille stem shamrock and my flashcards with gold coins.
Hot glue is my bestie!
I have had these gold coins for years...just waiting to be used on a projects like this....
I love it when you have just the right embellishment tucked away for a future project. 
Here is one of the smaller clear frames from Deflecto...I added washi tape that looks like a measuring tape. I then added a bow made from a real vintage measuring tape and the thimble on the bow is the thimble from a monopoly game. 
 I also added a tea-dyed muslin banner that says "Create". The photo is another antique store picture.
The washi tape is super easy to use...just stick it on!  
Isn't this a sweet looking lady...I imagine her as a quilter.
----------------------
Hope you had a terrific weekend!
March is here!!
Spring is right around the corner.
We already have tulips up (no buds yet) and the daffodils have buds.

Life is good!

Come to thrifty Thursday!  Come to the Pin me linky party!  Come to the Party Bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment