Friday, June 15, 2018

Patriotic Tea Party!

I have created a Patriotic Tea Party!
This painting was a lot of fun and actually helped me get through some stressful times.
Art is very healing.
Sometimes just getting out the supplies on a big table gets you going! 
I always start with a large canvas (hobby lobby was packs of them at great prices)
I take old papers and with a matte medium, apply them to the canvas.
Some of my old papers crack me up....I guess they lied about dieting stuff way back!
Terrible how this kind of fraud was allowed, but it still is really.
I like adding recipes and cartoons too. 
Sometimes I glue some tissue paper too. You just have to apply these carefully so they don't wrinkle.
I drew a few ideas down....
from my sketch....I think it is a good idea to do this before hand.
I started adding paint...letting some of the old papers show through. 
I really wanted the teapot to have a flag...because usually teapots have flowers or sweet designs...
I wanted it to be different. 
Roses! 
I work on one area, and then go to the next while it dries. 
I sketched a spoon at the bottom.
Adding greenery. 
Folk art is very forgiving....lol.
It's ok to make mistakes or be a little sloppy. 
Things are coming together, but I didn't like all that space around the teapot. 
Lots of shading.... 
coffee or tea? 
I added a patriotic banner! 
I slipped it in and I love it! 
This is my process and I had so much fun.
This is a perfect project for a rainy day!
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My daughter Selina ( with a fox camera app)....
She is a happy girl because she has a new laser machine and it works like a dream.
Her other machine broke down and caused all kinds of trouble... right after
quilt market!  Now she is almost completely caught up on all the orders and feeling much better!

When it rains ...it pours!
It's almost Father's Day!

Makes the perfect gift for Father's day 
or when baby is born and there is a new daddy in the family.
Looks great hung up in the man cave.
This is a dollar store frame...painted white....so easy!

Hope you have an amazing weekend with your dad....your step-dad, your father in law, uncle, grandpa or cat daddy...lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment