Thursday, August 29, 2013

Old Washington map

Washington state....my home!
 
 
I love old dictionaries, atlases, papers, etc...
This is Washington state from an old book from 1954.
I think if you click on the pics above they will show up larger.
 
***If you would like to see your state on my blog....just comment and tell me which glorious state you come from.
 
I love my map...it shows how thinks were different over 50 years ago.  My neighborhood I grew up in was originally a town....now it is part of Spokane....because Spokane grew so much. It is fun to see change.
 
Live more fully NOW,
to develop golden memories

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting my home State...from the time I was 3 until I was almost 59 I lived in the Seattle area. No freeways just 2 lane roads, I do miss it somewhat at times.
    Marj in Mexico
    thelady at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Seattle and now live many miles away in TX. I still consider it my home and will always have a fondness for WA. Thanks for this great map and all your other images.

    ReplyDelete