Monday, July 11, 2016

Oregon vacation shopping goodies!

My family and I went on a vacation to Portland Oregon and the coast.
The coast was stormy yet very beautiful!
Our hotel room had a wonderful few too. 
I wrote my name in the sand....just like a kid!
I had to do lots of shopping (We went to the zoo, discovered new places, walked miles around...etc. too).
We went to the "Fabric Depot"...a dangerous place to go when you like fabric so much!

Aisles of holiday fabric including Halloween. 
I had to add to my giant stash. 
These pumpkin are so vintage like...I love them...just so cool! 
Skeletons....this looks much nicer in person. 
Random fat quarters. 
This fabric is so crazy cool because it is like paint by number. 
It has some cool dots to go with it...like the oil paints you get  with a kit. 
I loved doing these as a kid...and then years later I did a gigantic one of the Titanic.  It was so much fun!
Pretty pastel butterflies and flowers 
Fairies....which would make great fabric for my daughters pendant blanks. 
Riley blake christmas fabric...yummy! 
Super cool coloring book!
The pictures are so amazing! 
Hope I can color them without it looking too dorky! 
Pusheen!!!  I always wanted this little guy...as if I needed it though...lol. 
I went to an amazing antique market....which had these little doll shoes.
Cool buttons and pretty papers. 
Fun buttons....I love " My Melody" the rabbit button....it takes me back to being a kid and going to hallmark for hello kitty, little twin stars and my melody stuff.
I think cats would say those things if they could.
Cool retro tray (it's like a huge lunch tray size)...now I can bring all my crafty crap out side in one fell swoop. 
Amazing dorky Christmas mice. 
A fun jar chuck full of lace! 
Halloween noisemaker. 
Wool felt too..
Love this witch....she will make a great addition to my vintage halloween items.
I went to a fun paper store called urban paper....in the Dalles, OR.
It was so much fun....I got this cute clear stamp set....little skunk. 
This one is a raccoon...look how she can hold stuff and has lots of holidays in one.
Sweetest tree ever! 
Cool pumpkin (this was in portland..photos is out of place)
Christmas stickers...
I love this light box...you can change what is says...like my business name or welcome...ect.

I got the flowery background. 
I think it will be fun at shows and in my office. 
I got lots of letters to use too! 
Powells book store had cool fabric books!
Love the japanese kid look.
Fabric from the forties....yay!
We had Voodoo donuts, came across all kinds of weirdos...you got to keep Portland weird! (my hubby got a shirt with that saying).  We were exhausted each night at the hotel...trying to recover for the next day...had a blast!

I wanted to show some cool linens with art of them from Michelle Palmer...a great artist on etsy.

I recently got these two ....the sweetest birdie and raggedy...
love them!  Maybe I will make a little wallhanging with them.

Have a fab monday!

Come to the home matters linky party~  Come to Craftastic monday!   Come to show and tell!  Come to the Pin me linky party!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley, Interesting trip! I would have had a difficult time in the fabric shop, too! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a field day shopping. I love the materials you choose.

    Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again when we open our doors at 12 AM EST on Friday.

    ReplyDelete