Monday, March 4, 2013

Easy peasy coasters

Good Monday to you!!!
I want to share a quick easy peasy project for you!  My old coasters were getting....well...yucky!
So I made my springy coasters.  Start with a 4" square of a linen fabric...or thick muslin.
Cut out 4 circles in varying sizes...from large to small.
My largest circle is 3", smallest is 1 1/8".

These circles do not have to be perfectly cut!
I used my smallest scraps, because lets face it...it is sometimes hard to use up the small ones.
Sew the circles on....I just started from the middle of the flower....and then stitching in a spiral to the outer circle.....very simple.

I then cut a 4" backing piece for the coaster from this crazy yellow felt.
I stitched the front onto the back...using a 1/4" seam allowance.
Then I took my pinking shears and trimmed the edges.

Try different colors and shades....I loved using my vintage scraps.

Red calico....hello 1971!

Tack them together and add a tag that says coasters...if you want to sell them!

These are sew easy and go together fast...makes a great gift.
Gotta leave you with an inspirational quote!

Forget yesterday - it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow - you haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift - today.
Steve Maraboli
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I like the use of linen and older looking scraps. I love to sew and quilt and have a big box of scraps. I may have to make some of these!

    I would love it if you would stop by my blog and link this up to my In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I hope to see you there.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete