Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Transform TINS into pretty organizers!


Aren't these so pretty!!!
Believe it or not...these are ordinary tins you probably have around the house.  The kind that once had animal crackers, cookies, or pretzels in them....not too cute as well.

 You can also get these at garage sales and thrift stores for hardly anything.  I used a varitey of sizes...in the above organizer....I took off the top and bottom lids of the tins and set them aside.  The middle tin has a top still attached.  I glued them together with E6000...what a great glue!

Here are the lids from the other organzier and the center is a veggie can.  Glued them together too.  Let dry overnight atleast.

Paint.....yay!  I love this color from Krylon.

I sprayed both of them....many coats.

I added Fabric ribbon I have made (check out my Tutorial)...and a fabric rose.

Here is the spool from my tutorial.  Easy to make as well.

I decorated them up with trims, beads, and yarn....just gluing them in place with a hot glue gun.

I added my sewing goodies to the organizers.

This is the first organizer....with a secret hiding spot....the tin I left in tact with a top and bottom.

Come to the party...At Whipperberry Friday Flair!
Fun, Fun, Fun!
I bet you will want to make some now!


2 comments:

  1. Great idea! They look beautiful! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Aug. 13, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete