Monday, April 11, 2016

Dreamy...how to make a necklace pendant.

Happy Monday!
I try to be positive about Mondays! 
Today I am showing you how easy it is to make a sweet embroidered pendant necklace.
"Dreamy" 
It is very easy to make!!!
Here is a new wood design from my daughter Selina....She makes wooden pendant blanks...
This is the new rectangle.  Below it is a scrap of cotton batting. 
I always glue a piece of batting to the inner part...where the design will be.
I love this quick dry glue from Aleene's. 
Just glued on ...cut any batting that hangs over the edge. 
All glued..let dry.

I typed up some words on the computer...in some different fonts...I liked this one.

Here is the word dreamy so you can just copy and save this if you like. 
Using a light box or a sunny window....place the word under some cool fabric.

Trace the word using a blue disappearing marker.
I placed the word in between some of the wilder area of the print. 
All hooped up and ready to stitch...I couldn't decide what color to use...but finally picked a green color. 
This took me a few minutes...so easy and fast.
I then rinsed the blue marker away with water and let dry.

I then placed the design over the inner rectangle....then put the outer rectangle over the fabric design....press down.  
I am cutting the excess fabric on the back down to 1/4" around the entire rectangle.

All cut 
Now I glue the edge to the back.

Top and bottom...

Then sides...

I cut out a piece of felt...big enough to cover the inner rectangle.

Add glue... 
Place on the back and press down. 
I decided to add a little wool heart and a small gold safety pin!
Stop by her shop sometime....these are some of her other shapes...plus she has more!



Come to the Home matters linky party!!  Come to the Pin me Linky Party!

1 comment: