Monday, June 16, 2014

Sewing space

Today I wanted to share my actual sewing space.
I have a large studio....I was lucky enough to have a huge building next to my house to make into my studio.
Inside are many working stations ...like the photography area, mailing/packaging, computer/printer, sewing cutting table...etc..
I have an area for all my creating.
On the right side of the above picture would be my ironing board...but it was cut out of the pic.
I have a small blue cutting table for quick cuts.
When I sew large items like quilts I have to clear out the table better.

I am a clutter kind of gal....can't help it!
I love having all these things nearby.

In an old pink Tupperware organizer is my stamped words....ready to attach to something...anything.

I have a blue shelf full of buttons and stuff.....jars full of threads and lil sewing gadgets.

pincushions and my atc artwork.

scrappy raggedy Ann with a needle felted candy cane.

I hang lots of thread on the pegboard with huge glittery pompoms and art.

I love me some tulle!
It is so cheap yet so many things can be done with it.

I have to keep all these sewing do dads right by....all the sewing machine feet, bobbin, and pins.

I realized that I have to keep my hot glue gun close by.
I have a tart warmer....which makes the studio smell divine...otherwise it tends to smell like a garage. (this was a paint and body shop)
There are two large rooms....one is my studio and the back room is lots of storage.

Can you see the fabric strip banner on the shelf....so easy taking scraps and bits of fabric and sewing them on one by one....which is faster than you think.

Orange buttons....because I love Halloween

I crack up when I find jars like this Best foods (which is my favorite)...knowing it was long ago used to store yummy mayonnaise.
I have too much stuff!

Here are vintage quilt blocks with a needlefelted pumpkin pincushion.
In the back is a tag my daughter made for me!
I will have to show you each section....one at a time....it will be fun.

1 comment: