Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Candles and repeating patterns

Today I have been working on new designs and more repeating patterns....practicing some skills.
Here is what my repeating design looks like on the computer.

First I draw some designs...in this case it is candles....the retro kind from my childhood Christmas.
I redraw them in Adobe illustrator.

I add colors and other elements.
By switching colors...you can have a completely different look.

Love this yellow....remember when all the colors of the late 60's and early 70's were this bright and crazy?!!

I made it soft here...much more delicate. 
Love the grays and blues. 
More crazy wildness!!
My mom used to make the brightest clothes for us...this reminds me of it. 
I love how different they can be....it is still the same design. 
I don't know what I like best at this point!

This would be cute wrapping paper....I think.

Love purple.

My mind is spinning.

I now don't know where to start with color options.

If you have a favorite color combo or set ...please let me know....
I am totally not sure of what is best now.


Come to what to do weekend!  Come to the home matters party!  Come to the Pin me linky party!!   Come to the party bunch!  Come to Crafty Weekends link party!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how neat and pretty!! I would love to have you share at my link party: http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2015/11/crafty-weekends-fat-quarters-small.html

    ReplyDelete