Thursday, October 7, 2010

The old days- back in the 60's & 70's

Remember these guys....the munsters?  How about the Adam's family tv show (not the movies)?  I loved Dark Shadows, although I had to watch them as repeats....since I was born in the latter part of the 60's.  These were great shows...how come they never play them anymore?  I try to tell my 13 year old about them and the style of the times....she is very interested.  I still have my dark shadows game and we like to play it...very spooky...but a bit like candy land....lol.  I wanted to be Lily munster, because she was pretty (in her way) and she was way smarter than anyone else...lol.  I always wondered in Herman could get any dumber....and oh yeah, he could!  I much prefer all the older hokier scarier movies ...to the new slasher, blood and killings of todays scary movies.  I will watch a vincent price or peter cushing movie any day....rather than the newer stuff.  But I must admit, I liked "the ring".  :)

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree more. Give me Vincent Price any day. I especially love the old Alfred Hitchcock movies, especially Rear Window. Thanks for a great post & a walk down {TV} memory lane. Now I have to go find me a Dark Shadows board game. =)

    Be sure to stop by my blog & check out my free Boo! kit download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Shadows scared the kitty krap out of me when I was a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete