Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween Goodies, quilt show & turkeys


I wanted to share these fun so called goodies for Halloween that I found in an old magazine from 1948.
They are so crazy, but cute.
Who would shape prunes into a cat? 
or take bread circles and add yellow cheese with raisins....lame!
I like the hot cider though.
Now with pinterest, blogs, TV and other sources...we all have tons of goodie ideas!
I think the simplicity of these are fun and reminds us of less complicated lives.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some pictures of the 
WSQ quilt show last weekend.
Thanks to all of you who came by and said hello...I loved seeing you!
My mannequin was decked out with corsages, purses, totes and more!
Setting up is hard, but I try to get everything on display! 
I had a great booth, it was big and roomy! 
I love my racks for patterns and more mannequins! 
We have a lighted sign and lots of bright colors. 
My skinny pumpkin man gets a lot of attention every year! 
I ran out of some patterns...having to print emergency ones after the evening was over. 
I love the Halloween section the best! 
Valentines and sweetness everywhere! 
Most of the time I get to help customer and chat....pretty fun! 
My window of cats! 
Selina's needle minders and pendant blanks.
Her cats and dogs sold out! 
More mannequins...I must be obsessed.
Selina wore a party hat!
I have videos on my instagram!
This all cat pin pattern is always a hit.
I can't believe October is almost done!
Boo!
Some gorgeous quilts were on display plus lots of great vendors!
I love hexies!
There is a ton of talent on display with these quilts...it really inspires!
The creativity is everywhere!
-------------------------------------------------------------

WE took a walk on thursday...and there were tons of turkeys!
They don't care about ADT security...lol.

Some flew up to roost....

Then I saw this hive and wanted to run!
Speaking of turkeys....
This is my sale pattern of the week!
It is only $2.99!
Here is a great way to decorate for Thanksgiving! This Muslin turkey is easy to make and fast. Very Simple painting adds color to Turkey. He has bell eyes and muslin eyelids, and a cheesecloth comb and waddle. This comes with banner (both Happy thanksgiving and Give thanks), how to make stand, and lil acorns. Measures: 9" wide, 14" tall including base. The stand is a candlestick and plate...it doesn't matter what they look like...you transform it with my techniques. 


No comments:

Post a Comment