Friday, August 31, 2018

September is here!

Yay....It's finally September!
I love the beginning of fall....it's still warm but it's not so hot as August.
The leaves start the change....school is in session.....the state fair is upon us.... happy times! 

I wanted to share with you the process of my latest painting! 
I start with a 16 x 20 canvas....covered with old paper, tissue paper and then some gesso.
I let it dry . 
I drew out a sketch to give me in idea of how I want it to go.
I paint in sort of a folk art, playful way.  It is not realistic at all! 
I started painting pumpkins....letting some of the old paper come through.

I keep adding color (Acrylics and a blending gel).  The cat and mouse are not painted yet.

This part is fun because you can focus of blending and taking away color with a paper towel.

I added the cat and mouse basics....plus some textures using stencils.

This cat has spotted a mouse....very dangerous.

This mouse does not care about the cat, he has a berry branch.

I added another mouse.

Berries...which have some highlights and pastels to give it shape.

When I get close to the end ...I add black stabilo pencil....and lots of scribbles.
I then add a protective coat of gloss.
When I paint...I forget about being perfect....I know that is not going to happen.
I just have fun and play....it always turns out fine when I get lost in it.
Notice the clocks in the background!
______________________________________________________________

It's Labor day weekend...

Time for a little sale...from Now until Monday September 3rd.

My dolls are in my shop (Except Dracula...he is coming soon!)
Each have a unique mini quilt!

This is a new Halloween sampler design...currently $3.49 because of the sale!

______________________________________________________________

My new calendar is ready for September!
Above is the phone or tablet background.

___________________________________________________________

Just to let you know...Selina, my daughter, is also having a labor day sale....15% off
She has pendant blanks of all kinds of shapes and finished goods too.



No comments:

Post a Comment