Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy Birthday freebie and painted dollys

This one cracks me up!
We all know someone who is facing a milestone birthday...this would be amusing for them!
All in fun!
This would be a great gift tag!
*Please note that all freebies are for you to use to make finished goods (no mass producing) and gifts...they are still legally my designs. 
---------------------------------------------
I wanted to share with you my painted dolls....
I can't find the picture of the dolls before painting them...I am so mad...oh well.
They started out primitive dolls ...drawn on muslin....and free motion stitched.
Then stuffed and added legs (that don't match)
I started painting them with a first coat.
She is a great teacher...online and you can purchases them and watch them over and over.
I highly recommend them...I have a few and they are terrific. 
They are in rough form right now.
I added facial features. 
She is starting to take shape...sweet face! 
This is a whole load of fun to do! 
More paint...shading and details. 
My pumpkin gal is starting to also take shape...I knew I wanted to do a pumpkin....which is not part of the class....so I just tried to adapt.
I added the green stem and leaf.  There are pastels used as well as acrylic paint. 
Their faces are done, but their bodies need work. 
The rough edges are part of the charm. 
Now the girl has stamps on her body, gold trim, a sweet crocheted flower in her hair and some distressing ink on her legs. 
I kept looking through my junk for things to add to this pumpkin. 
Now she has a little glitter and is done! 
She has a button by her neckline and I added "Love". 
I am shocked that it turned out so well...I kept thinking I was gonna screw it up along the way.

The pumpkin gal has a bow with glittery button, bat stamp, glitter, and "Boo" on her body. 
I was glad I got this done before Halloween. 
So much fun!
Have a great weekend!!!


Come to the Pin me linky party!  Come to Crafty Moms share!  Come to Craftastic Mondays!  Come to the Home matters linky party!

No comments:

Post a Comment