Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Dad is turning 80!!!!

My dad is turning 80 this weekend....having a party with lots of family and friends...I have been very busy with it and getting things ready for a show.   He came from Scotland in 1951.  His whole fmaily came to America for a better life. He met and married my mom in the 60's.  He had me in 1967 and 2 years later became sober from drinking for over 40 years now!  He also quit smoking in the 80's.  He was a paint and body man and then a prison guard.  He has a lovely little farm in Spangle and is very healthy.

He is a great Dad and has always been generous to me.  I am his only child and I have only one child...so we are pretty important to him. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD!
*** On another note.....my etsy sale is ending after friday (tomorrow).....just letting you know if you are interested.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Shirley's dad! Love the Scottish history=)...enjoy your weekend!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete