Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stitching on vintage sheets- pink

Have you ever embroidered on vintage sheets?
There are all kinds of pretty designs....still in the package....or ones that look pristine as if they have been in a hope chest forever.
My favorite are the florals!
Sayings are perfect for these sheets...you can fit the saying in between floral designs.
I made up a whole bunch of sayings on the computer.
And then I traced them in a good area on the sheet.
I love the blue disappearing marker....it just rinses away after you stitch the design.
I used 3 strands of floss....using a simple back stitch.
Below I have given the saying as a freebie!
I like framing in a hoop but it would be cute in a wall hanging or pillow too.

*Please note that all freebies are for you to use to make finished goods (no mass producing) and gifts...they are still legally my designs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a Wildly fun Wednesday!!


Come to "What to do weekends"!  Come to Home matters linky party!  Come to the pin me linky party!   Come to the party bunch!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I wish I had some of my maw maw's sheets, she always had the prettiest bedsheets. Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find lots at thrift stores....very cheap and I great way to reuse or recycle.

    ReplyDelete