Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Hello July!

It's July!
Are you ready for hot hot days, backyard fun, BBQ's, gardening, and relaxation?
I know we are all trying to make the best of things this year.
It's strange not to be able to do all the things of previous years... but we can get through this!
Some things don't change... like the fresh air, having the many blessings we each have, the many ways we can communicate and a roof over our head. 
I like to go to sleep thinking of atleast 5 reasons to be thankful...from big reasons to very small....they all count.

I have a new phone or tablet calendar for you...click here!

I also have a desktop version as well.... click here!
******************************
My last monthly celebrating cat pattern is now complete!
July is all about the America's birthday, BBQ's, fireworks, Waving old Glory and being together with family & friends.
Stitch up this quick design that features a sweet cat that loves
celebrating with a balloon.

The cat has little stars on his booty....lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love making dolls.... and when a friend asked me to make Frida...I took on the challenge.

She started off plain, with some base coats....

And then I decked her out into a cool doll. I gave her a burlap scarf, necklace, palette (Selina, my daughter, made for me) and a paint brush. I had a blast making her.
Here is a close up...complete with her eyebrows. 
I used jump rings for her earrings.
My favorite part is adding accessories! 
Here I am making a lady liberty... she is bland right now.
Here she is all done...complete with tutu, torch, pocket with flag and her crown.
She is now on display in my home....I love having all my Americana up.
If you are interested in my dolls...
- - - - - - 
Getting back to being patriotic...
My July project in my book "Lovely little hand embroidery": features an sweet gal, dressed up for the 4th of July.  The patchwork pinwheels remind me of fireworks.

You can also order it on C & T Publishing,  AmazonSearch PressEE Schenck,  and Checker Distributors
There is 30 different projects in the book!

This is August's project.. a sunflower girl.

Here are a few more...a sweet witch and some smaller projects... like pillows, pincushions and mug rugs.
They sent out this promo...
of best sellers...yay!
Mine is second row, 2nd spot.
I am very happy about the whole process.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went shopping this past weekend...and had to share some amazing  patriotic displays!
A lot of effort and care go into these displays.

A cute flag covered mannequin...with old tool belt.

It really makes you happy seeing all the beauty.
I love the "go camping" banner... odd, simple items in red, white and blue too.

I had to buy these paint by number portraits of Lincoln...

and Washington.  I love them.
I did a complicated "Titanic" paint by number...it was so much fun....time consuming, but well worth it.  These two paintings were 12 each.

Lemons are so popular now... I had to hang this sign in my coffee bar...with beautiful lemons.
So sunny yellow!
_______________________
I have a big project I'm working on....it is taking all my time...so I better get back to it!

Happy 4th of July!





No comments:

Post a Comment