Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's stitchin?

What's stitchin?
Well it is embroidery to me.....and I love to embroider.
I thought you might like to see what I am working on right now.
I think it is always good to have something ready to work on. 
I drew out my design...."Candy cane wishes and mistletoe kisses".
I traced my design using a blue disappearing marker and a light box.
In this case I am using an old dish cloth type material found at goodwill. 
I picked out some DMC floss. I was thrilled out of my senses when they sent me every color they had.  They did that because I am a designer and always use their floss.  One thing I love is that the color never bleeds.....ever! 
Her eyes will be filled in with a satin stitch. 
I take even stitches...just a simple back stitch....I like things easy.
It is kinda like doing a puzzle....just fill it in until it is complete. 
This will take me a couple evenings while watching "The Voice" or "Survivor".  Let me tell you....stitchin while my hubby watches the Seahawks is great!  I can still be entertained by the game and stitchin,...plus he loves for me to be with him.  It's a win win deal!

Come to Thrifty Thursday  The party bunch, and the Pin me linky party

1 comment:

  1. This is darling. Makes me want to dig out my embroidery supplies!

    ReplyDelete