Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Easy Peasy faux stitchin ideas

If you are like me...sometimes you just want to cheat...lol.
On extra work that is!
This is the easy peasy way of stitchin....because its not!
It is pen!
Cute bunny pincushion above...from one of my thrifty stitchin designs
Bunny rabbit spool doll Stitchery PDF Pattern - embroidery shabby chic 1 sheet easy simple cheap spring easter pincushion pinkeep
There are many designs there...and you could do any embroidery patterns you have.

This is a simple flower design...with a vintage (small) quilt block...and some lovely mini pom pom trim...which is at Charming Lulu (in Spokane)

These are some of the finished faux stitched designs I played with.

Some of my favorite small designs....like the mannequin

Now to how to make them!!!!!
Cut out a piece of muslin and iron nice and flat.
I have a light box...because I do so much with it...here is how to make a cheap quick box.
------------------------------------------------------------
Easy Light box
If you find it hard to trace an embroidery pattern and want a cheap easy fix....go to your dollar store.....buy a clear plastic storage container (with a flat surface on the bottom) and a battery operated tap light. Place the taplight under the clear box (which is flipped over). Place pattern on light box and muslin over the pattern...trace design. This is very portable too.
Take a thin permanent marker like sharpie or a pitt pen...put the pattern on bottom...muslin of top and then trace with the pen.
Using colored pencils...color in areas you want some color in....use nice even strokes.
Add cheek color to animals and people.
Add shadow using a light gray pencil.
You can heat set these (iron and piece of paper in case pencils leave and color behind)

Here I have raggedy Ann and I am testing the fabric for a good color combo.

For this crow...I had some checker board strip already done from another project...so I just took some for that.

I had some "Sewing" fabric for the mannequin

It is fun to pull out your scraps and fat quarters for this. 

Raggedy is all done and ready to be poked with pins (this one is for sale in my Tiddlemouse store)

Didn't the crow turn out sweet! 
Of course you could make all kinds of fast projects this way....like framing them, small quilts, pillows, and any way you would use a regular embroidery design.
These make a great project for kids too!
 
Have Fun!!!!
 

Come to the Pin me linky party and the Party Bunch

1 comment: